French trainees “learning a lot” from Mauritian hotel industry - Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice

Précédent   Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice > Discussions > Nouvelles de l'Ile Maurice

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 30/05/2007, 02h57
Sirdar

Post French trainees “learning a lot” from Mauritian hotel industry

Article publié le Mardi 29 mai 2007.

EXCHANGE
French trainees “learning a lot” from Mauritian hotel industry

Marie Vasselin always referred to Mauritius as an example of excellence in her lectures at Fodeno.Eleven students in the hotel industry in Dieppe, France, are on a training course with the Constance Hotels at the moment. This training lies in the framework of an exchange programme between Constance Academie and the Formation Développement Novation (FODENO) – which is the counterpart of the Industrial Vocational Training Board in Mauritius. Marie Vasselin, a Mauritian who has lived in France for more than 20 years, is the person responsible for this exchange.

“I always talk of Mauritius during my course at school. When I contacted the Constance Academie and when Claude Narain immediately showed an interest in the project, I seized the opportunity and brought some of my pupils here to Mauritius to see one of the most efficient hotel industries in the world,” she says with enthusiasm.

Before the project was launched, Claude Narain actually went to the French school to do the selection of pupils himself. And the 11 trainees are now in place at the Belle-Mare Plage Hotel and assert that they have “a lot to learn from people there”.

The school where she started

As Marie used to live in Baie-du-Cap, she insisted on visiting the school where she started her career twenty-seven years ago – the St François d’Assise primary school. She shared “this great moment of emotion” with her students from Fodeno. The head of school, Ginette Puran, said how happy she was to welcome this group of students and what an opportunity it was for her pupils to meet people from overseas. She was also very touched by their kindness in providing the school with some equipment.

Pauline ETIENNE
Réponse avec citation
Google
Réponse

Tags
french, hotel, industry, lot”, mauritian, trainees, “learning

Outils de la discussion
Modes d'affichage

Règles de messages