why mauritians are so snob in uk? - Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice

Précédent   Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice > Discussions > In English

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 21/06/2010, 22h46
Manev

Thumbs down why mauritians are so snob in uk?

Hi i met a few mauritians in uk n i really don't know why they act like as if zotte plis ki blanc... only speak english...anglais baroque ek zot zis n zat.... n declarer fuff what is it???
By the way i was born in uk but spent my childhood in mauritius n i'm well pleased i did n i love my country meaning mtius n i go there every year.. Honestly i don't understand those other grandnoir mauritians...Anyone has an answer???
Réponse avec citation
Google
Vieux 10/07/2010, 14h44
Manev

one can get a Mauritian out of Mauritius , but never get the Mauritian out of him

Cheers
Arshad from denmark
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 10/07/2010, 19h38
Manev

hi noesis , i'm carlitto from france me also i was born in this beautiful paradise island i agree , you had reason many mauritian once in europe they forget that they were mauritian before all and become grandnoir as you said don't worry in france also theres so many . have a good day bro and excuse for my bad english
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 17/08/2010, 05h07
Enflé

I do not think zotte faire grandnoir if they have no job and live on the streets! The whole of the mauritian nation has developed an arrogant attitude as if Mauritius is the centre of the universe. The word 'paradise' has gone to their heads! I have met people who have lived on the island for a few years and are disgusted with the communalism, corruption, lack of transparency and level of crime they have encountered. Only the ignorant and stupid faire grandnoir. We have the term the ugly american. Soon we will have the ugly mauritian, indian and chinese. Money and 'development' alone cannot change the mauritian mentality. They call themselves mauritian when they are overseas but as soon as they return to Mauritius they immediately become hindus, creoles, chinese, creole etc - a farce!
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 08/09/2010, 17h37
Fan RM

May be those people you spoke to who only spoke english to you were your own family members in the UK and were trying to help you speak english better... I had the same from my uncle when I first landed in UK 20 years ago... Now we speak kreol to one another like buddies standing round the corner of the road... Not all Mauritians in the UK are how you describe... You need to come out a bit more and meet real Mauritian people out there who are really down to earth... Don't start cussing from your little corner like some scornful little child... Not that I am suggesting you are one... but it would if that what you were doing...
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 16/09/2010, 17h31
Manev

If u land in paris, rue MAZAGRAN, there is a quartier nearby où tout mauriciens pa père coze créole. Péna grandnoir la bas
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 25/09/2010, 05h04
Enflé

I do not know what DJ means by 'real mauritian'. Does such a beast exist even in Mauritius? Speaking kreol alone is not enough! Let's face it, we are a confused, divided nation rotten from the toes to the eyeballs. Have you ever met a 'mauritian who understands the meaning of the word 'integrity'? Don't allow nationalist feelings twist your reasoning.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 08/10/2010, 18h37
Manev

Citation:
Posté par komiko Voir le message
Hi i met a few mauritians in uk n i really don't know why they act like as if zotte plis ki blanc... only speak english...anglais baroque ek zot zis n zat.... n declarer fuff what is it???
By the way i was born in uk but spent my childhood in mauritius n i'm well pleased i did n i love my country meaning mtius n i go there every year.. Honestly i don't understand those other grandnoir mauritians...Anyone has an answer???
If u really live in Mtius, u should know that the mauritians here are more grndnoir ki banne morisien en angleterre! pena koma zot ici! sitou si zot ena 1 pe cass! Like someone else say on this forum, u found the wrong ones! Anyway, it's not a crime to speak english, isn't it? moris so langage officiel bien anglais non?
Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Tags
mauritians, snob

Outils de la discussion
Modes d'affichage

Règles de messages