Mauritian cd/mps - Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice

Précédent   Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice > Discussions > Divers. Miscellaneous.

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 13/04/2005, 20h09
Manev

Mauritian cd/mps

I really like Mauritian music but I don't know where to get CDs/MP3s from... Im in Canada... Plz help
Réponse avec citation
Google
Vieux 13/04/2005, 20h55
DeeJay

Envoyer un message via MSN à ZahoOL
fnac.com

alapage.com
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 13/04/2005, 20h55
DeeJay

Envoyer un message via MSN à ZahoOL
mp3 la case la.. acheter original fi
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 14/04/2005, 02h50
Fan RM

Re: Mauritian cd/mps

Citation:
Posté par Smita
I really like Mauritian music but I don't know where to get CDs/MP3s from... Im in Canada... Plz help
If you like Mauritian music so much, buy the CDs in order for the Mauritian artists to get their rightly deserved rewards for their talented work... and for them to be able to put food on their plates and on the plates of their families... and also for them to be able to raise enough cash to fund their next CD...

Making a music CD is very hard work and the Mauritian artists work extremly hard to be able to do so... and if people steal from them through copied/ pirated CDs and other shared files such as mp3 etc then it is the future of this great music that you are putting at risk of extinction...
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 14/04/2005, 03h02
Manev

Citation:
Posté par DJ El-Syd
Citation:
Posté par Smita
If you like Mauritian music so much, buy the CDs in order for the Mauritian artists to get their rightly deserved rewards for their talented work... and for them to be able to put food on their plates and on the plates of their families... and also for them to be able to raise enough cash to fund their next CD...

Making a music CD is very hard work and the Mauritian artists work extremly hard to be able to do so... and if people steal from them through copied/ pirated CDs and other shared files such as mp3 etc then it is the future of this great music that you are putting at risk of extinction...
Omg stop attacking me. The only reason why I posted this was because I WANT to buy their CDs and I just don't know where... so save all that crap for someone else... and by the way I mentioned MP3s because you can pay to download MP3s on some sites...
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 14/04/2005, 03h04
Manev

Citation:
Posté par ZahoOL
fnac.com

alapage.com
thanks
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 14/04/2005, 03h30
Fan RM

Citation:
Posté par Smita
Citation:
Posté par DJ El-Syd
Citation:
Posté par Smita

Omg stop attacking me. The only reason why I posted this was because I WANT to buy their CDs and I just don't know where... so save all that crap for someone else... and by the way I mentioned MP3s because you can pay to download MP3s on some sites...
Please ignore my message if it does not concern you... Thank you for your understanding in this very sensitive matter...

The best way to get the best Mauritian music is to take a vacation to Mauritius as the latest CDs are more readily available there than over the net... I have not come across any Mauritian music being sold legally as MP3s over the net...

Other websites that you could visit are:

amazon.com
priceminister.com
fnac.com
alapage.com
discorama.fr

I will add more to this list soon
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 12/05/2006, 05h19
Manev

Angry Mauritian Music

It's ok for you (DJ el-syd) to reply that we overseas should take a holiday to Mauritius in order to buy Mauritian music, but that is a useless and thoughtless suggestion.
Regrettably, not all of us are rich enough to do so, much as we might like to be.

Why doesn't someone in Mauritius/Reunion set up a reliable on-line music shop that we can order ORIGINAL CD's from? Or sell them on eBay?

Any artist in Mauritius who gets his music known/sold overseas is going to make a lot more money than the one that produces/sells only in his local market. What's the current price for a new CD in Mauritius? 2-300rupees? Here in Australia it will sell for AU$25-35 - even more because it's almost impossible to obtain - you could charge AU$50 and people would pay it. Do the exchange rate and see what that adds up to!
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 12/05/2006, 22h05
Super Fan RM

Citation:
Posté par Les Pratts
It's ok for you (DJ el-syd) to reply that we overseas should take a holiday to Mauritius in order to buy Mauritian music, but that is a useless and thoughtless suggestion.
Regrettably, not all of us are rich enough to do so, much as we might like to be.

Why doesn't someone in Mauritius/Reunion set up a reliable on-line music shop that we can order ORIGINAL CD's from? Or sell them on eBay?

Any artist in Mauritius who gets his music known/sold overseas is going to make a lot more money than the one that produces/sells only in his local market. What's the current price for a new CD in Mauritius? 2-300rupees? Here in Australia it will sell for AU$25-35 - even more because it's almost impossible to obtain - you could charge AU$50 and people would pay it. Do the exchange rate and see what that adds up to!
shopping.mu should be back on track soon
or you might just tell someone from mauritius to send you the CDs
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 26/01/2007, 11h21
Fan RM

Citation:
Posté par Les Pratts Voir le message

Sorry for the delay in replying to this post... I have myself been on a long vacation... My usual place of residence has been the United Kingdom for nearly two decades.

If you read my previous message carefully, you will notice that I said that "The best way to get the best Mauritian music is to take a vacation to Mauritius as the latest CDs are more readily available there than over the net...". The keyword here is "BEST".

It was never suggested that everytime you want/ need a new sega CD you should travel to Mauritius to get it. You'd have to be either filthy rich or extremely stupid to do such a thing.

Some CDs are available on some websites, as previously suggested, but there are only few choices and they are usually not the latest or most recent albums out.

Another way of obtaining the latest sega cds from Mauritius is to ask someone, may be a relative or friend, who lives in Mauritius, to buy and post them for/ to you. It may be an idea to send some money and some guidance as to what you are looking for.

I hope this clarifies this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

DJ El-Syd
Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Tags
cd or mps, mauritian

Outils de la discussion
Modes d'affichage

Règles de messages