Vietnam Reloaded - Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice

Précédent   Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice > Discussions > Discussions Générales

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 10/11/2004, 12h59
Super Fan RM

Vietnam Reloaded

Resistance strong

A tank platoon that moved along Falluja's main street saw fighters who had just come under mortar fire climb onto rooftops and fire rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) and machineguns.

"There are lots of them. We took heavy fire," Gunnery Sergeant Ishmail Castillo told Reuters. "They opened up on my tank. They don't look like they are going to cave in."

US troops encountered fierce
resistance in the city

Castillo said his tank had killed six guerrillas and that two marines were wounded in fighting. "One of the marines was hit in the head by RPG shrapnel," he said.

"They hit us from one area and then another right afterwards. There is in-depth organisation. There were small-arms attacks all night," he said.

Al-Badrani said US forces had taken some casualties. "Two US military tanks have been so far destroyed in Julan neighbourhood where the most violent clashes are taking place," he said.

"Three US armoured vehicles have been also destroyed in other parts of the city. The clashes are very violent. Fighters have showed up from other neighbourhoods and streets the US forces are unfamiliar with.

"US forces entered central Falluja city at around 12.00 (Iraqi local time) but were fiercely attacked by the fighters," al-Badrani said.

"They withdrew from the area after half an hour, heading for their positions in the northern parts of the city," he added.

Residents told al-Badrani the crews of two US tanks deserted their vehicles in Julan leaving them to be seized by fighters.

Source Al-Jazeera The Best Media For the war Coverage
Réponse avec citation
Google
Vieux 10/11/2004, 13h03
Super Fan RM

US continues to take losses in Iraq

Tuesday 09 November 2004, 23:26 Makka Time, 20:26 GMT

US forces withdrew from Ramadi after fierce fighting

Ten US soldiers have been killed in Falluja with three US military personnel killed in other parts of Iraq, the US military says.

About a dozen US troops have died so far in the offensive against the city of Falluja, US Lieutenant General Thomas Metz said on Tuesday without giving a precise toll.

According to Pentagon figures, 10 soldiers were also wounded in and around Falluja.

"Friendly casualties are light," Metz said in a video teleconference briefing from Iraq.

The US military reported that two Iraqi soldiers of the interim army had been killed in the Falluja attack.

"Enemy casualties, I think, are significantly higher than I expected," Metz added, but declined to provide a number.

Source Al-Jazeera
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 10/11/2004, 13h44
Super Fan RM

Al-Jazeera

From around 1am GMT to 8am GMT sky channel 819 (Al-Jazeera) wasn`t available.
I wander why it wasn`t available...

Some say that AL-Jazeera was showing casualties from the U.S Troop that`s why the government instructed SKY to disconnect Al-Jazeera.

I wonder if these rumours are true about those casualties.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 15/11/2004, 20h31
Super Fan RM

Citation:
Dear Shehzu

Thank you for your e-mail about Arabic channels on Sky.

I was concerned to read of the problems you are experiencing with the Aljazeera channel. I can confirm that there is currently no trasmission faults with this channel.

You may wish to re-set your system by switching onto stand-by using your Sky Remote Control and unplugging the Digital system from the power supply on the wall. Then reverse this procedure.

Should this problem continue, please contact our technical department direct on 08702 43 5000.

Furthermore, although this channel broadcasts via the Sky Digital platform, it also operates independently.

Therefore, for further information you may wish to contact them direct on 0870 412 4444.

I regret that I am unable to assist you further.

Thank you for your interest in Sky.

Kind regards

Debbie Tant
Viewer Relations
Aucaine mo banne cam pas gagne guette chaine la et sa banne la dire coumsa pas ti ena aucaine probleme...
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 16/11/2004, 09h30
Fan RM

Salut Shehzu,dan ene coté li bon nou pas guette sa bann zaffaire la dans la tele,parski sa fer nou bcp di mal,fer nou pense dan ki monde nou p vivre.Mais dan ene lotre coté li bon si nou guette,parski coume sa nous conne ki p passé au dehorts de nou pay.Tous le jour kan to guette la tele,ki to trouve plir bcp Moi mo trouve jusque combien dimoune p mort,et mo demande moi ki fer sa Bcp dimoune innocente p mort ki fer Moi mo pena paroles pou mo explique tous sa la..
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 26/11/2004, 04h55
Foreman

Good to know ...

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(verse number ?)

God Bless you all

This will give food for thought, a friend forwarded this to me I'm happy to share with you all.
Cheers
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 26/11/2004, 10h00
Supervisor

Tres interessant !!!!

Merci netrunner.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 26/11/2004, 15h50
Super Fan RM

Interesting
Réponse avec citation
Réponse