http://radiomoris.com/ on MBC News - Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice

Précédent   Radio Moris Sega Music Mauritius Ile Maurice > Discussions > Discussions Générales

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 04/06/2004, 21h14
Manev

http://radiomoris.com/ on MBC News

http://radiomoris.com/ has recently figured on MBC news. While folks at MASA strongly protested that this sterling and premiere SEGA website as being a massive blow to our local artists, one thing immeadiately comes to mind; "those guys are either really stupid and making 'as if' they are!". Does MASA know the meaning of the term "promotion"?? I've personally bought dozens of original Music just because I've heard only one song on this site that spoked loud to me. In fact, I believe that http://radiomoris.com/ is a great way to promote the Mauritian Music to the world. It's such a shame that MASA, such a powerful representation of local artists is cocooned to believing that this site has anything to do with piracy or whatever! It is only during such times of new age and technology that you see the real parties that will succeed - MASA definitely droped a dozen bottles of rum to associate http://radiomoris.com/ with piracy. Those guys are definitely off on intellectual tangents and terms here. I personally have dozen of commercial websites and thank god I have nothing to get associated with the "local" authorities or I'll surely hate this country; but the SEGA is here, my Colombian princess inspires me more than ever and http://radiomoris.com/ "rocks" so my blessings to this website and may it really help spread the word about Mauritius and Mauritian Music to the world. -- Ashvin
Réponse avec citation
Google
Vieux 04/06/2004, 22h47
Super Fan RM

SHAME ON YOU MASA

We Know that www.radiomoris.com has been on the News and they`ve said that its all about piracy.

People i`ve got an appeal to you.Please tell us your opinion.

For me its a great shame for masa to associate us with piracy because they don`t know that Radiomoris promotes the local music and on our forum we emphasise on bringing this community together.without forgetting that users who are listening don`t have to pay for the service.

Likewise BoiteTapaz as well was blamed.i just don`t know whats going in their mind.

Long Live www.radiomoris.com

PEACE
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 04/06/2004, 22h57
Manev

Envoyer un message via MSN à Diabolo Envoyer un message via Yahoo à Diabolo
hey matelot mo dire ou mauricien la baise sa do...pas facile ek zotte...moi mo dire franc moi depuis mo conne radiomoris mo ecouter tout coup mo rentre lors internet...sa fer moi rappele mo pays et mo kiltire...moi mo ti a content remercier lekip la meme...ki finne fer 1 mari grand travaille et seki mr 555 ine dire la li vraie...nous pas bizin payer pou ecouter et lors la mo pas conner moi comier sa couter pou roule sa radio la

RADIOMORIS MO ZOINE TOI DANS TO LA LITE

Kaya ti bien dire sa

MO PEP SO RACINE P BRILER

RESPECT
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 05/06/2004, 06h23
Supervisor

Well, I didn't know that it has been on the News. When was that ?

True. It's a shame for MASA to think that this site promotes piracy. I think the aim behind this site is to bring the Mauritian, Rodriguan, Seychelles and Reunion communities from all over the world together. And we do so by sharing our passion for local music. RadioMoris helps to promote the local culture and reminds us of our identity. It helps us maintain our attributes from our motherland.

I’m proud to be a Mauritian and proud to be part of RadioMoris community.

Cheers to RadioMoris team and everyone who helps to promote our culture.

In most things in life, you will always have people who disagree with what you do. Let's not get discouraged by this !. Let's strengthen our culture and let's "met lafaya ensam".

LeChEf.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 05/06/2004, 07h46
Fan RM

Radio Moris is doing a great thing for the Mauritian Community worldwide… I love listening to my home country's music and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way too… I'd play & listen to Séga Music 24/7 if it was practical to do so.

However, what is written below is what the current reality is and it is the result of several hours spent researching the issue raised and it does not reflect my own personal opinion, views, feelings, beliefs and/ or values...

Traditional radio station broadcasts are limited by two factors:

1. The power of the station’s transmitter (typically 100 miles)

2. The available broadcast spectrum (you might get a couple of dozen radio stations locally)

Internet radio has no geographic limitations. For example, a broadcaster in Australia can be heard in Canada on the Internet. The potential for Internet radio is as vast as cyberspace itself (e.g. Live365 offers more than 30,000 Internet radio broadcasts).

Internet radio appeals to “micro-communities” of listeners focused on special music or interests, and the Mauritian People across the world form one of those communities.

There are two ways to deliver audio over the Internet: downloads or streaming media. In downloads, an audio file is stored on the user’s computer. Compressed formats like MP3 are the most popular form of audio downloads, but any type of audio file can be delivered through a Web or FTP site. Streaming audio is not stored, but only played. It is a continuous broadcast that works through three software packages: the encoder, the server and the player. The encoder converts audio content into a streaming format, the server makes it available over the Internet and the player retrieves the content.

Until the 21st century, the only way to obtain radio broadcasts over the Internet was through a PC. That will soon change, as wireless connectivity will feed Internet broadcasts to car radios, PDAs and cell phones. The next generation of wireless devices will greatly expand the reach and convenience of Internet radio.

CD-burning is a common form of music piracy. With this type of activity there is a mixture of piracy both via the Internet and in the conventional sense. Music is transmitted at the request of the consumer from a computer server to a particular piece of hardware from which custom manufacture of a CD then takes place.

It should however be noted that whilst in the music business the greatest exposure to piracy is found with the illegal and unauthorised copying of musical works onto physical product, it should also be noted that performing, or playing musical works in public without a licence can, in appropriate cases, constitute a criminal offence also. Historically this type of infringement has not been labelled as "piracy".

Additionally, the unauthorised upload, download or transmission of a sound recording is no less prejudicial to the financial incentives for production of sound recordings, and thus no less effective in drying up creativity, than its physical-piracy counterparts. As a consequence, today's unauthorised digital broadcaster or Internet service is no less piratical than their less sophisticated associates in the analogue world.

All this has led the international music industry and legislative bodies to recognise the need for action against piracy. One recommendation is to extend the notion of 'piracy' to encompass infringing material made available widely over the Internet. Traditionally linked to infringements involving reproductions for commercial purposes and on a commercial scale, the notion of 'piracy' must now address the realities of global networks, where infringements in one place become instantaneously available in every place.

In conclusion, the recording industry is facing a future that may be very different from its past. New disc and equipment standards, new encryption technologies, compilation-disc kiosks, interactive transmissions of music in many different formats and on-line talent scouting, may well change the way that people enjoy music. Copyright needs to adapt in a number of ways to keep pace with these developments. But its purposes remain the same and this is to encourage the production and dissemination of creative works and phonograms by ensuring financial rewards for both creators and investors.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 05/06/2004, 08h33
Fan RM

Please refer to previous post above before reading on...

And now, for my personal opinion on this matter:

In this current world nothing comes cheap and nothing is free... I'm sure it costs money for Radio Moris to keep this site going... Sooner or later, there will come a time where income will become an issue in order for this site to continue to function for many many years to come...

I think therefore, considering the current circumstances, in order to keep MASA and the artists happy, Radio Moris should open an online shop and start selling CDs of the artists involved... Which means it is giving people the opportunity to listen to music and then buy the artists' products, which in turns generate income for the artists and there investors as well as money to maintain the site...

Alternatively, charge a nominal fee, which should be reasonable, e.g. RS49.99 or £0.99 or €1.49 or US$1.69, as a monthly subscription to access the service and give some of it to MASA to pass on to the artists...

(Mauritian people don't usually eat "Beans on Toast" everyday... more likely to be "Di bèr Mil & Fromaz Kraft on Toast... (ShehZu knows... lol)
It's not a lot of money to part with and I'm sure the Mauritian People at home & abroad, the People from neighbouring Islands in the Indian Ocean as well as other nationals from around the world would think it's a fair thing to do...

And there's nothing wrong to consider doing both...
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 05/06/2004, 17h34
BB

Hello El-Syd,

The monthly subscription is a NO GO but the online shop selling CDs
is a project that we still entertain to achieve.

Thank you to all of you for your support.

Citation:
Posté par DJ El-Syd
Please refer to previous post above before reading on...

And now, for my personal opinion on this matter:

In this current world nothing comes cheap and nothing is free... I'm sure it costs money for Radio Moris to keep this site going... Sooner or later, there will come a time where income will become an issue in order for this site to continue to function for many many years to come...

I think therefore, considering the current circumstances, in order to keep MASA and the artists happy, Radio Moris should open an online shop and start selling CDs of the artists involved... Which means it is giving people the opportunity to listen to music and then buy the artists' products, which in turns generate income for the artists and there investors as well as money to maintain the site...

Alternatively, charge a nominal fee, which should be reasonable, e.g. RS49.99 or £0.99 or €1.49 or US$1.69, as a monthly subscription to access the service and give some of it to MASA to pass on to the artists...

(Mauritian people don't usually eat "Beans on Toast"... more likely to be "Di bèr Mil & Fromaz Kraft on Toast... (ShehZu knows... lol)
It's not a lot of money to part with and I'm sure the Mauritian People at home & abroad, the People from neighbouring Islands in the Indian Ocean as well as other nationals from around the world would think it's a fair thing to do...

And there's nothing wrong to consider doing both...
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 05/06/2004, 19h05
Fan RM

Last time I went to Mauritius, in Oct-Nov 2003, I bought RS25 000 worth of Séga Music and Ragga Kréol on genuine CDs... The only problem I had then was that I had to do a Mauritian Party at Selby Centre in Tottenham, North London, the day after I got back in the UK and I tried to play some of the new tunes that I had acquired but the crowd did not respond very well because they did not know the new riddims... The problem we have in the UK is that people would not dance to a song if they don't know it or have never heard it before.

But I think since then, with the increasing popularity of Radio Moris, people from all around the world have had the opportunity to listen to many old time classics as well as to the many new different tunes / riddims / talents that have been arising from Mauritius and neighbouring islands in the recent years. Radio Moris has greatly raised the awareness of people from around the world... not just mauritian ex-pats but people of many different nations alike.

Nowadays, when I'm out doing my deejaying, I have no worries playing my new Mauritian tunes or the music from our neighbouring islands because thanks to Radio Moris the people have already been exposed to the new vybes... Which is another reason why I think people, not just the mauritian nationals but anybody who tunes in and enjoy our music, would be interested to buy these products if they are made available to them...

RESPECT TO RADIO MORIS & PEACE TO EVERYONE
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 05/06/2004, 22h50
Foreman

I think it's pathetic that MASA thinks radiomoris.com is promoting piracy. Why can't MASA see that radiomoris is trying to promote Mauritian music globally. Hence when users log on to radiomoris, and listen to the sega songs, they enjoy them, and as time goes by and new artists and songs are released, users of radiomoris, have that chance of listening to this music, and no doubt they will go out and buy the artists album. How is all this piracy? It makes no sense at all, as radiomoris is here to promote the Mauritian music. I think MASA needs to get it's facts right before making pathetic comments.

Well done to radiomoris for promoting Mauritian music, and for bringing Mauritians all over the world together. Ene sel le pep, ene sel nation
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 06/06/2004, 22h53
Sirdar

I think that MASA may have a legitimate argument...when A CD is purchased it is for private use. This "agreement" may be breached if songs are broadcast over the internet. I guess it would all depend on the laws in the country where RM is based.

MASA should also keep in mind that in some countries (like Canada) it is LEGAL to download music from the internet.

Personally I do not see any problem with broadcasting music over the internet. Users are not permitted to download the sega songs, and it can be argued that songs are available only to registered members (and not to the public).

I think it is all just one big tactic to scare the admin. of the station and try to extort money (in "licensing fees"). Like we say in N. America, it's all about the benjamins, dollar dollar bill y'all.
Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Tags
mbc, news

Outils de la discussion
Modes d'affichage

Règles de messages